- October 5, 2017
- Posted by: admin
POWER-tek experts use advanced power system analysis package on stability simulations as well as other commercial tools to provide services on in-depth stability studies. System stability bottlenecks or constraints will be identified and cost-effective solutions will be recommended.
POWER-tek will provide detailed simulations and analyses of the system under study for various operating conditions, which include both normal and contingency conditions. Specific operating scenarios that have potential impacts on system stability such as transfers, transactions, and extreme cases will also be considered if necessary. Transient stability, small signal stability, and voltage stability will all be covered and factors affecting each type of stability problems will be identified. Cost effective measures to improve overall system stability performance will be recommended.
or complete stability analysis, both time-domain simulation and eigenvalue techniques will be used and the following issues will be addressed:
1. What are the bottlenecks in the system that is affecting system stability?
2. Is the system stable or in synchronism during the first few cycles after a contingency?
3. Is the system oscillation damped or undamped?
4. What oscillation modes are in the system?
5. What are the contributing factors to the system oscillation?
6. Is the reactive power sufficient for the system?
7. Is the voltage profile acceptable following contingencies?
8. How close is the system to voltage collapse?
9. What actions are needed to enhance the overall system stability performance?
The stability study service will provide detailed stability assessments for the client system and the client will have in-depth knowledge on the stability performance of its system under various operating conditions. This service will help the clients take appropriate actions in operation and planning to avoid potential problems or even blackouts caused by system angle instability or voltage collapse, which could lead to significant revenue losses and social disruptions.