- October 24, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
Interior lighting for offices is an opportunity to improve the productivity of employees, save energy and create a stylish space for your business. It’s important to seek out the best lighting for your company as it can affect how your staff feel and first impressions with clients.
If you’re interested in cutting waste, saving money and the best means to behave in a sustainable and environmentally-friendly manner, then choosing LEDs is a simple choice to make.
LEDs, or light emitting diodes, are popular in a large number of commercial properties. Here are some of the top reasons why your business should be using LEDs:
1. They last longer
This is probably the biggest reason why LED lights push traditional lighting options aside. They can easily shine for up to 100,000 hours constantly. In other words they could be left on for 11 years and still work!
It is common for most businesses to use their lights for around 8 hours a day. This means they could keep going for at least 20 years without having to be replaced. This is certainly convenient for busy companies.
2. Environmentally friendly
LED lights are 100% recyclable and last a lot longer, reducing energy expenditure and wastage. Becoming environmentally friendly isn’t just good for your expenditure, it can become part of your ethos as you gain a reputation for being a morally responsible company to work with.
3. Extremely energy efficient
LED bulbs use up to 90% less energy than normal, older bulbs and the remaining 10% becomes heat energy. To make this seem even more amazing a standard bulb operates at 20% efficiency and loses up to 80% electrical energy as heat.
4. Zero ultraviolet emissions
The fact that LED lighting produces no infrared light or UV emissions means that there’s no issue with them being used near heat-sensitive materials and other types of UV sensitive objects.
In practical terms, this means you have no additional restrictions on your lighting style and layout.
5. Low voltage
To be even more appealing, LED’s also only require a low voltage supply. They can be connected to a solar source and this would be plenty for them to run off, highlighting ways you may become more environmentally friendly in the future. There are also safety benefits to staff not working near high voltages.
The above facts are commonly known, however, there are many interesting facts about LED lights that go unnoticed.
Let’s fill you in:
- LEDs have a thick epoxy which makes them incredibly durable and pretty much impossible to break
- LED string lights have thicker wires so they are less likely to get into a knotted mess
- LED Lights don’t flicker which is better for our eyesight
- They are silent and produce no annoying and distracting humming noises
- LEDs don’t attract bugs and insects
Need your lighting upgraded? Cooper Weston specialises in installation and maintenance of electrical works in all commercial buildings. Give us a call on 0800 669 6229 to find out more.
The post What are LED bulbs and why should your business have them? appeared first on Cooper Weston.